Saverio's fish in a crust
Yield: 4 portions
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
Saverio’s fish in a crust
- 4 white fish fillets (halibut, cod, haddock) skinned, about 170g (4 oz.) each
- 2 Pork Shop’s Saverio sausages, finely chopped
- 175 ml (3/4 cup) Panko
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) slivered almonds
- 5 ml (1 teaspoon) freshly ground pepper
- Salt, to taste
- Preheat oven at 350 F and place rack in the middle position. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Put the sausage, panko, almonds and pepper in a large shallow bowl and mix. Salt the fish and dip each fillet in the crumb mix while pressing to cover them completely with the mix.
- Place the fillets on the baking sheet and bake for 12 to 15 minutes. Finish cooking by broiling the fish until golden brown.
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) mayonnaise
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) capers, chopped
- 5 ml (1 teaspoon) lemon juice
- 2.5 ml (1/2 teaspoon) paprika
- 2.5 ml (1/2 teaspoon) honey
In bowl, mix all ingredients, set aside.
- 1 fennel bulb, cut in half and finely sliced with a mandolin
- 1 English cucumber, cut in 4 pieces and finely sliced with a mandolin
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) olive oil
- 30 ml (2 tablespoon) fennel leaves
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a bowl mix all ingredient.
- Spread a line of mayonnaise on each plate, then place one fish fillet and top with salad.