Hamburger italien Saverio
Yield: 6 portions
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
- 130g Pork Shop’s Saverio sausage, cubed
- 900g semi-lean ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 handful fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup Blonde de Chambly beer
- Ground salt and pepper
- 6 slices Jarlsberg cheese
- 6 premium hamburger buns
- Dijon mustard
Italy is synonyms with great food and sharing. From the first step to the first bite, your Saverio hamburger needs to be truly enjoyed. Take your time and spoil yourself.
- Brown the sausage over medium heat until lightly crispy (yum!). Let cool on the side.
- Start your favourite playlist, time to prepare the meat!
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, onion, sausage, parsley, spices and beer. Add salt and pepper to taste. Mix the meat with your hands while singing along your favourite tune of Mozart’s Marriage of Figaro. Everyone in the house will stop and check it out, guaranteed. Put the mix aside in the refrigerator.
- This is the moment we’ve all been waiting for. Fire up your good old barbecue with matches, since your electrical lighter has gone MIA since the second time you’ve used it. Let this fire burn at maximum heat, in order to properly warm up the grill. Lower it to medium heat before jumping to the next step.
- Make six spectacular patties and put them on the grill. Keep on singing and pour yourself a nice glass of rosé wine from Tuscany. Why not take this opportunity to get a taste of Tenuta Guado al Taso Scalabrone 2015? Keep an eye on your patties and put them on the upper grill once they’re cooked through. Put the cheese slices on the meat and toast your buns.
- Give your burgers a fancy look and serve them on wooden plates to impress your guests. Add your favourite toppings while gesticulating and speaking very loudly. Arugula, homemade ketchup dijonnaise, gherkins, caramelized onions, etc. Share and enjoy the subtle yet delicious taste of the sausage in your patty.